CogSec Ltd cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our unique services. Your personal data includes information such as:
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may reach our team by contacting us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
What information do we collect?
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilise our Services. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
- purchase any of our Services (eg: Statements of Work, Quotations and Invoices);
- request assistance from our team (eg: phone number, case notes);
- complete contact forms or other information from us (eg: email); or
- participate in surveys or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
However, we also collect additional information when delivering our Services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may not be as obvious to you, so we wanted to highlight and explain below a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work:
- Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, such as account number, purchases, when services renew or expire, information requests, support requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
- Supplemented Data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyse the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
How we utilise information
We strongly believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that:
- for which we have been given permission
- as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or
- as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These uses include delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the Services we provide to you. We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services.
We utilise this information to improve and optimise the operation and performance of our Services and understand and analyse how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
Often, much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal data, but to the extent it is itself personal data, or is linked or linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.
Sharing with trusted third parties
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Communicating with you, such as by way of email or professional services enquiries
- Customer relationship management
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Communicating with you
We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up to or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Telephone calls
You may also update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners please contact us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below and request a change.
If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
Transfer of personal data abroad
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as court requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
How you can access, update or delete your data
To easily access, view, update or delete your personal data (where available), or to update your contact preferences, please contact us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
How we secure, store and retain your data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section below.
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 16. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 16. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 16 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
by an email to email@example.com
by letter using the following address:
Attn: The Privacy Officer, CogSec Limited, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within 30 days.